January 27, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Webster City Community School District in the counties of Hamilton, Webster and Wright, State of Iowa, met in regular session Monday, January 27, 2020, in the School Administration Building, Webster City, Iowa.
ITEM 1. – Call to Order – The Board President called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
ITEM 2. – Roll Call – Members answering roll call were Ms. Van Diest, Mr. Patterson, Mr. Stroner, Mr. Pruismann, and Ms. Williams. Also present were members of the media and other interested parties.
ITEM 3. – Approval of Agenda – It was moved by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve the agenda as written. Motion carried.
ITEM 4. – Open Comment to the Board – There was none.
ITEM 5. – Discussion Items
- 2020-2021 School Calendar – The Board was given a draft copy of the 2020-2021 for their review.
ITEM 6. – Action Items
- Education Contract – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve an education contract for student services with Mason City Community School District. Motion carried.
- Second Reading of Board Policy 504.2 – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the second reading of Board Policy 504.2 Student Organizations. Motion carried.
- Fundraising Requests – A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve fundraising requests by Northeast Hamilton Elementary’s 5th and 6th Grade to hold a chili supper to raise money for their Iowa History Field Trip; High School Vocal Boosters’ Singing Valentines; Band Booster sale of bracelets at the February 25 Jazz Band Concert in support of a High School student’s fight against cancer; and High School Cheerleaders to hold a Youth Cheer Camp. Motion carried.
ITEM 7. – Personnel
- Contract Recommendations – A motion was made by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the resignation of Breanne Lesher as JV Volleyball Coach and approve the appointment of Brandon Moore, Maintenance Technician. Motion carried.
ITEM 8. - Other
- Items from the Board
- Linda Williams asked the Board for their approval to Skype into the meeting on February 24th as she will be out of town.
- Linda Williams asked if the joint meetings with Stratford Board are still necessary as Dr. Ross is the Superintendent for both Districts and keeps both Boards informed.
- Item from Dr. Ross
- Dr. Ross thanked Ms. Williams and Mr. Patterson for attending the joint meeting with Stratford Board on Wednesday, January 15th.
- Dr. Ross reported the Iowa School Performance Profile will be coming out on January 28th.
- Dr. Ross reported on the MTSS conference 6 of our staff attended last week. What was learned will be shared at the Admin Team meeting on Tuesday.
ITEM 9. - Consent Items – It was moved by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the minutes of the January 13, 2020 Board Meeting. Motion carried.
ITEM 9. – Adjournment - A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to adjourn the meeting at 6:25 p.m. Motion carried, all members present voting aye.
Following the regular Board meeting, the Board met in an exempt session on Negotiations. Negotiating sessions, strategy meetings of public employers or employee organizations, mediation and the deliberative process of arbitration. Iowa Code 20.17(3).
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, February 10th at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room.
Cathi Hildebrand, Secretary Beth Van Diest, President