April 13, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Webster City Community School District in the counties of Hamilton, Webster and Wright, State of Iowa, met in regular session, via ZOOM Meeting, Monday, April 13, 2020, in the School Administration Building, Webster City, Iowa.
ITEM 1. – Call to Order – The Board President called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
ITEM 2. – Roll Call – Members answering roll call were Ms. Van Diest, Mr. Patterson, Mr. Stroner, Mr. Pruismann and Ms. Williams. Also present, via ZOOM, were members of the media and other interested parties.
ITEM 3. – Approval of Agenda – It was moved by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the agenda with one action item deleted. Motion carried.
ITEM 4. – Open Comment to the Board – President Van Diest reminded those in attendance that comments were to be emailed to Dr. Ross prior to the meeting. Dr. Ross stated there had been no emails.
ITEM 5. – Public Hearing on 2020-2021 Budget – Board President, Beth Van Diest opened the Public Hearing at 6:01 p.m. Following a short presentation by Cathi Hildebrand, Board Secretary, the Public Hearing was closed at 6:08 p.m.
ITEM 6. – 2020-2021 Budget Adoption – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Ms. Williams to adopt the 2020-2021 budget as presented. Motion carried.
ITEM 7. – Budget Guarantee Resolution
Director Pruismann introduced the following resolution and moved its adoption. Director Patterson seconded the motion to adopt. The roll was called and the vote was:
AYES: Van Diest, Patterson, Stroner, Pruismann, and Williams
The President declared the resolution adopted as follows:
RESOLVED, that the Board of Directors of Webster City Community School District, will levy property tax for fiscal year 2020-2021 for the regular program budget adjustment as allowed under section 257.14, Code of Iowa.
ITEM 8. - Discussion Items – There were none.
ITEM 9. – Action Items
- Coronavirus Resolution – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve an updated Coronavirus resolution. Motion carried.
- 2020-2021 Natural Gas Program Contract – A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the Natural Gas Program Contract for 2020-2021. Motion carried.
- AEA Purchasing Agreement – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the AEA Purchasing Agreement for 2020-2021. Motion carried.
- Fixed Asset Inventory Service Contract – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the Fixed Asset Inventory Service Contract with Asset Services. Motion carried.
- Johnson Controls Service Contract – A motion was made by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the Johnson Controls Service Contract. Motion carried.
ITEM 10. – Personnel
- Contract Recommendations - A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the following:
- Recommendation for Sara Brock, Regional Business Office Accountant.
- Resignation of Craig Signorin, 9th Girls Basketball Coach.
- Stipends for Pat Farley, Interim High School Principal; Bob Howard, Interim Activities Director; Michael Ross, Interim Associate High School Principal.
ITEM 11. – Other
- Items from the Board
- Mr. Stroner asked for clarification on what time the ZOOM meeting for negotiations would be held on Tuesday and the ID and password to join the meeting.
- Mr. Stroner asked for an update on the Food Service meal program. Dr. Ross reported multiple meals are now being handed out so families don’t have to come each day. She also reported supplies are becoming harder to get.
- Items from Dr. Ross
- Dr. Ross thanked everyone for participating in our first ZOOM Board Meeting.
- Dr. Ross reported she had been asked if Board meetings will be held on any additional platforms. At this time, the plan is to only use ZOOM for future Board meetings.
- Dr. Ross read a statement thanking employees of the District for stepping up during these challenging times due to the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- Dr. Ross reported Prom has been postponed. At this time, it has not been rescheduled.
- Dr. Ross reported she and Mr. Johnson, High School Principal, will be Zooming with students regarding graduation plans and various options this week.
ITEM 12. – Consent Items – It was moved by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the minutes of the March 9, and 19, 2020 Board Meetings, payment of the bills and claims as listed at the close of these minutes, to approve General, Schoolhouse, Lunch and Activity Fund Reports, approve the interfund transfer, and approve the fundraising report. Motion carried.
ITEM 11. – Adjournment - A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to adjourn the meeting at 6:51 p.m. Motion carried, all members present voting aye.
The next Regular Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 27th at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room. Board Meetings are subject to change dependent upon need.
Cathi Hildebrand, Secretary Beth Van Diest, President