October 25, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Webster City Community School District in the counties of Hamilton, Webster and Wright, State of Iowa, met in regular session, October 25, 2021, in the School Administration Office Board Room, Webster City, Iowa.
ITEM 1. – Call to Order – The Board President called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
ITEM 2. – Roll Call – Members answering roll call were Ms. Williams, Mr. Pruismann, Mr. Stroner, Mr. Patterson and Ms. Van Diest. Also present were members of the media and other interested parties.
ITEM 3. – Approval of Agenda – It was moved by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the agenda. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 4. – Open Comment to the Board – There were none.
ITEM 5. – Discussion Items –
- 2021-2022 Certified Enrollment - Dr. Ross report that the 2021 Certified Enrollment is up 25 students.
ITEM 6. – Action Items
- Four Year Old Preschool Budgets – Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve the Four Year Old Preschool Budgets for 2021-2022. Motion carried unanimously.
- Fundraising Request – Motion by Ms. Williams, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the fundraising request for High School Athletics to place advertising on popcorn bags; High School Cheerleaders to sell Lynx apparel and accessories, to sell or renew advertising on t-shirts, host a youth cheer camp; the Art Club to hold a Fall art and bake sale; Prom to ask for family donations, sell Prom t-shirts, participate in Fareway and Hy-Vee roundup, sell Texas Roadhouse rolls, hold a bake sale, hold a raffle for half-court shots, sell breakfast at a wrestling tournament, sell $1 candy bars, wrap gifts for a donation, hold a daddy daughter dance, hold a chili cook-off or bake potato bar, and sell bug butter and toothpaste. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 7. – Personnel – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the following:
- Contract resignations of Dylan Fielder, Head Middle School Wrestling Coach; and Brad Van Deer, JV Softball Coach.
- Contract recommendations for: Marta Paukert, Prom Supervisor; and Brad Van Deer, Head Varsity Softball Coach.
Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 8. – Other
- Items from Dr. Ross
- Congratulations to the High School volleyball team on a successful season.
- Congratulations to the Varsity football team on making it to the playoffs which will be held on Friday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. at Lynx Field.
- Parent-teacher conferences will be held October 26 and October 28.
- October is Principal recognition month and a thank you goes out to all of our building principals for the important work they do with students and staff.
- The second board meeting of November will be held November 29. New board members will be seated at this time.
- Items from the Board
- Mr. Patterson encouraged parents to attend parent-teacher conferences.
- Mr. Pruismann mentioned playoff football tickets need to be purchased online.
ITEM 9. – Consent Items – It was moved by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the minutes of the October 11, 2021 Board Meeting. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 10. – Adjournment - A motion was made by Mr. Patterson seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to adjourn the meeting at 6:16 p.m. Motion carried unanimously.
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, November 8, at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room. Board Meetings are subject to change dependent upon need.
Kathy Biere, Secretary Beth Van Diest, President