September 13, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Webster City Community School District in the counties of Hamilton, Webster and Wright, State of Iowa, met in regular session, September 13, 2021, in the School Administration Office Board Room, Webster City, Iowa.
ITEM 1. – Call to Order – The Board President called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
ITEM 2. – Roll Call – Members answering roll call were Ms. Williams, Mr. Pruismann, Mr. Stroner, Mr. Patterson, and Ms. Van Diest. Also present were members of the media and other interested parties.
ITEM 3. – Approval of Agenda – It was moved by Mr. Pruismann, seconded Ms. Williams, to approve the agenda. .
ITEM 4. – Open Comment to the Board – There were none.
ITEM 5. – Action Items
- Updated Return to Learn Plan – Motion by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve the updated Return to Learn Plan for the Fall of 2021. Motion carried.
- Approval of Rental House Survey – Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approval the rental house survey as presented. Motion carried.
- Approval of Teaching Staff Eligible for a Lane Change – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve teaching staff eligible for a lane change. Motion carried.
- Disposal of Outdated Textbooks – Motion by Ms. Williams, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve the disposal of outdated textbooks. Motion carried.
- Solution Tree Associates Contract – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the Solution Tree contract. Motion carried.
- Compass PD Contract – Motion by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the Compass PD contract. Motion carried.
- Small Rural Achievement Grant Transfer – Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the Small Rural Achievement Grant Transfer. Motion carried.
- Gifts to the District – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to accept the following gifts to the District: a $500 memorial gift from the family of Mark Vance for his love of Lynx athletics, and for a donation from Arlo Van Diest for the purchase of a timing system for the Lynx Cross Country and Track and Field programs. Motion carried.
- Fundraising Requests – Motion by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve fundraisers for FFA to sell Homecoming shirts, sell meals at the Doodle Bug reunion, fruits sales, plant sales, host the sheep and goat show, and prepare Meals from the Heartland; High School Spanish Club to sell Butter Braids; and Middle School Choir to see Pastry Puffins. Motion carried.
ITEM 7. – Personnel – Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the following:
- Contract Recommendation of: Sunshine Duffy, Paraeducator. Motion carried.
ITEM 8. – Other
- Items from Dr. Ross
- The preliminary count for certified enrollment is up by 76 students. The District will have a final number in early October.
- The COVID dashboard has been launched again given increased pandemic activity. Families are strongly encouraged to contact their child’s school nurse if anyone in their household has tested positive or has been exposed to COVID.
- Professional development will be held Monday, September 20, and there will be no classes for students.
- Items from the Board
- Mr. Stroner announced that he will not be seeking re-election for the At-Large Director position he currently holds on the School Board.
- Mr. Pruismann said it was disappointing to learn that families are not reporting illnesses to the District.
- Mr. Stroner asked that families be cautious and report positive cases and COVID related illness to their child’s school.
ITEM 9. – Consent Items – It was moved by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the minutes of the August 23, 2021 Board Meeting, to approve General, Schoolhouse, Lunch and Activity Fund Reports, payment of the bills and claims as listed at the close of these minutes, to approve the interfund transfer and the fundraising report.
ITEM 10. – Adjournment - A motion was made by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to adjourn the meeting at 6:36 p.m.
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, September 27, at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room. Board Meetings are subject to change dependent upon need.
Kathy Biere, Secretary Beth Van Diest, President