November 23, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Webster City Community School District in the counties of Hamilton, Webster and Wright, State of Iowa, met in regular session, November 23, 2020, in the School Administration Office Board Room, Webster City, Iowa.
ITEM 1. – Call to Order – The Board President called the meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
ITEM 2. – Roll Call – Members answering roll call were Ms. Williams, Mr. Pruismann (via Zoom), Mr. Stroner (via Zoom), Mr. Patterson and Ms. Van Diest. Also present, via Zoom, were members of the media and other interested parties.
ITEM 3. – Approval of Agenda – It was moved by Ms. Williams, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the agenda. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 4. – Open Comment to the Board – There were none.
ITEM 5. – Discussion Items
- COVID Update - Dr. Ross presented an update to the Board on the rising COVID rates in the District and in Hamilton County. Due to the high number of students and staff in quarantine, Dr. Ross recommended moving to required remote learning from November 30 through December 11.
- High School Letter Grades and Survey Data – Dan Johnson, High School Principal, and Pat Farley, Assistant High School Principal, presented an update of letter grades issued at 9 weeks and the results from a survey sent out to students and parents at the High School.
ITEM 6. – Action Items
- Instructional Delivery Model – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve the application of a waiver for required remote learning from November 30 – December 11, 2020. Motion carried unanimously.
- Early Retirement Plan – Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Mr. Patterson, to approve the 2020-2021 Early Retirement Plan. Motion carried unanimously.
- Seidlitz Education Contract – Motion by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to approve the Seidlitz Education Service Contract for professional development. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 7. – Personnel
- Contract Recommendation – Motion by Mr. Stroner, seconded by Mr. Pruismann, to approve Daneyra Cruz, Sunset Heights Paraeducator. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 8. – Other
- Dr. Ross reminded families there would be meals available to be picked up at the Middle School and Northeast Hamilton Elementary on November 30 and December 3 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- There were no comments from the Board.
ITEM 9. – Consent Items
- Motion by Mr. Pruismann, seconded by Mr. Stroner, to approve the minutes of the November 9 and November 13, 2020 minutes. Motion carried unanimously.
ITEM 10. – Adjournment – Motion by Mr. Patterson, seconded by Ms. Williams, to adjourn the meeting at 6:56 p.m. Motion carried unanimously.
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, December 14 at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room. Board Meetings are subject to change dependent upon need.
Kathy Biere, Secretary Beth Van Diest, President