WEBSTER CITY COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
820 Des Moines Street
December 9, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Open Comment to the Board
5. Approval of Minutes of Last Regular Meeting
6. Review Official Results of School Board Election
7. Adjournment of Retiring Board
8. Call to Order and Roll Call (New Board)
9. Election of President and Vice President
10. Administration of Oath of Office to Newly Elected President and Vice President
11. Mrs. Ross’ 11th Grade Revolution World Studies Class Presentation
12. Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress Presentation
13. Discussion Items
a. First Reading of Board Policy 501.5 Attendance Center Assignment
14. Action Items
a. Fundraising Request
Suggested Motion: I move approval of Mrs. Ross’ 11th Grade Revolution World Studies call to raise money for UNICEF by way of the following: a coin war, hat
and jeans day, silent auction, and HyVee round up to nearest dollar.
b. Protective Equipment Funds Transfer
Suggested Motion: I move approval of the Protective Equipment Funds Transfer.
c. School Budget Review Committee (SBRC) Request for Modified Allowable Growth
Suggested Motion: I move approval of the SBRC request for modified allowable growth.
d. Second Reading of Board Policies 701, 710, 712.1, and 722
Suggested Motion: I move approval of Board Policies 701, 710, 712.1 and 722.
e. Education Contracts
Suggested Motion: I move approval of education contracts for student services with Mason City CSD and Sioux City CSD.
f. Hiring Manual
Suggested Motion: I move approval of the Webster City Community School District’s Hiring Manual.
g. Scholarship Donation
Suggested Motion: I move to approve the donation to the Cleo Graham Art Scholarship.
a. Items from the Board
b. Items from Dr. Ross
16. Consent Items
a. Approval of Minutes from November 11, 2019
b. Approval of General, Schoolhouse, Lunch, and Activity Fund Reports
c. Approval of Bills and Claims
d. Approval of Interfund Transfer
e. Fundraising Report
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Monday, January 13, at 6:00 p.m. at the School Administration Office Board Room. Board Meetings are subject to change dependent upon need.